Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wotmania

I think I should say something about this whole closing down of wotmania thing.
Honestly, I've heard people comment for the past year about slowdown, and how WoT is almost over (so what happens now?) and such. I didn't honestly think Mike would end it. Wotmania grew to be so much more than a WoT site. I found it looking for WoT art (incidentally, in between books, so there's your proof it's not that that always drew people), but I became a member of the community along the way.
I've had my battles and disagreements. Kit and I got off to a horrible start. LiterateJoe and I butt heads more often than not these days. And Anastasia and I... well, let's just say there are a lot of regrets there.
But I still love these people; they've been a part of my life for years now; they are the reason I surf the interwebs. I grew up on this site. I learned about politics. I scandalized everyone with my sex surveys. I learned what it meant to be part of a community, which I've never felt before. And I've made friends, people who mean the world to me as even more than "internet people."
So here's my toast to wotmania as it was, and a hope that it will continue to be great. I'm so glad to see so many people unwilling to let it die. That shows me we've made the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment