Sunday, January 18, 2009

Favorite athletes of 2008

It's been awhile since I've really gotten down and dirty watching sports, especially since I got married. My husband isn't much of a sports fan. So my two favorite athletes of last year were discovered either watching my favorite teams or by accident.
One is Aaron Rodgers. I don't know how long this guy was working under Brett Favre, but he must've learned a helluva lot. Obviously he's not a rookie, but I was very impressed by his poise in the pocket. The Bears would do well with a QB like him (and don't get me started on them!)
The other is Alexei Ramirez, and ok, maybe you could see that coming, with me as a Sox fan. That little guy is just so wiry, you'd think he couldn't hit anything! And then he gets the Sox into the tie breaker with that huge homerun. He has a huge career ahead of him, and I hope the Sox keep him for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment