Monday, January 12, 2009

My first blog post evar. Be excited!
I think January will be a month where I go over 2008. After all, a lot happened to me in 2008, which you will see shortly. I've never done anything like this before. I hope Arianna Huffington is happy, the blog-crazy bitch.
I took the 50-book challenge last year. I know a lot of people read a lot more. How, I'll never understand. Sure, I could speed-read things, but for me that would take away the joy of living the story, as opposed to just swallowing it without chewing, so to speak.
Here are my reads of 2008:
1. The White Dragon- Laura Resnick
2. When True Night Falls- CS Friedman
3. Crown of Shadows- CS Friedman
4. Stories of Your Life and Others- Ted Chiang
5. Shades of Time and Memory- Storm Constantine
6. The Road- Cormac McCarthy
7. Dark Moon- David Gemmell
8. Scar Night- Alan Campbell
9. Fight Club- Chuck Palahniuk
10. Glasshouse- Charles Stross
11. Old Man's War- John Scalzi
12. Wicked- Gregory Maguire
13. Sebastian- Anne Bishop
14. Belladonna- Anne Bishop
15. The Sparrow- Mary Doria Russell
16. The Destroyer Goddess- Laura Resnick
17. Angel of Darkness- Charles de Lint
18. Last Dragon- JM McDermott
19. Light- M. John Harrison
20. Grimspace- Ann Aguirre
21. The Wasp Factory- Iain Banks
22. Lords of Rainbow- Vera Nazarian
23. Beggars in Spain- Nancy Kress
24. The Player of Games- Iain M. Banks
25. The Princess Bride- William Goldman
26. Melusine- Sarah Monette
27. The Virtu- Sarah Monette
28. The Mirador- Sarah Monette
29. Dust- Elizabeth Bear
30. Wanderlust- Ann Aguirre
31. I Am Legend- Richard Matheson
32. Warchild- Karin Lowachee
33. The Book of Jhereg- Stephen Brust
34. Gabriel's Ghost- Linnea Sinclair
35. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time- Mark Haddon
36. A Companion to Wolves- Sarah Monette & Elizabeth Bear
37. Bright of the Sky- Kay Kenyon
38. The Last Wish- Andrzej Sapkowski
39. Kethani- Eric Brown
40. City of Pearl- Karen Traviss
41. The Last Hawk- Catherine Asaro
42. Fledgling- Octavia Butler
43. New Rules- Bill Maher
44. Schism- Catherine Asaro
45. The Mist- Stephen King
46. The Little Prince- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
47. The Hero of Ages- Brandon Sanderson
48. Black Beauty- Anna Sewell
49. Ascendant Sun- Catherine Asaro
50. The Ghosts of Blood and Innocence- Storm Constantine
51. Shades of Dark- Linnea Sinclair
52. The Stars My Destination- Alfred Bester
53. China Mountain Zhang- Maureen F. McHugh
54. Red Seas Under Red Skies- Scott Lynch

No comments:

Post a Comment