I didn't forget that I promised to write more- you know, for my two followers, haha!
Anyway, my top ten list for 2009, though I think the current book I'm reading- My Soul to Keep- will be on this list rather high up.
In no particular order-ish:
1. Maggravandias Chronicles by Storm Constantine
My favorite author ever, never been disappointed. The line between good and evil has never been so unsure.
2. Duma Key by Stephen King
One of King's best, maybe THE best.
3. The Fire's Stone by Tanya Huff
One of her earlier attempts at writing, a romantic slash story that is somehow very touching.
4. Hart's Hope by Orson Scott Card
Whoa, dark fantasy by Card? You bet your ass.
5. The Moon's Shadow by Catherine Asaro
Continues the story of Jaibriol III and his struggles as the new emperor of Eube. I want the ending of fifty years down the road, dammit!
6. The Silver Metal Lover by Tanith Lee
Sounds trite, but it made me cry. It haunted me for a few days afterwards, too.
7. Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper
See my review on librarything. Heartlifting story about a blind cat and how it changed a woman's life.
8. The Gathering Storm by Robert Jordan/ Brandon Sanderson
Sanderson breathes life into Jordan's story. I'll be sad when it's over, truly.
9. Watership Down by Richard Adams
Awww, anthropomorphised bunnies! What's better?!
10. The First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie
What cynical fun. A little sad, though. Nobody got off well here, fair warning.
Books I did NOT like:
Catcher in the Rye- what the hell was the point?!
Stardust- Not up to Neil Gaiman standards.
The Annunciate- I thought it could've been done better. She has more talent.